Earthworms are vital to the soil. Their burrows allow air and water to flow, but more importantly, they digest organic matter and excrete it as worm castings, a vital component in fertile soil.
Unlike chemical fertilizers, Black Castings™ will not burn plants or trees, and are completely safe to handle. Black Castings™ also break down much more slowly than traditional fertilizers.
Many chemical fertilizers are loaded down with huge quantities of quickly-available nutrients, but plants can only absorb so much in a given period, meaning everything that the plant doesn’t use right away is wasted.
Black Castings™, on the other hand, break down much more slowly, feeding plants only as needed, reducing waste and increasing efficiency, making Black Castings™ very cost-effective.
- Are produced by earthworms fed a high-quality diet
- Add organic matter to the soil
- Improve soil structure
- Are not produced with yard waste
- Are not made with horse, cow, or any other grazing animal manure
- Break down slowly, reducing the need for repeated applications, making Black Castings™ very cost-effective
An organic vineyard is devastated by Black Rot. An evaluation of an organic program developed by Vermitechnology Unlimited shows incredible results.